Recently ran into an issue when MS Outlook refused to open any .msg attachments. You’d click them and nothing. No error, no message, nothing. If you save the file to the Desktop and tried to open it, all that would happen would be that outlook would flash. Turns out it is a bug in Google Desktop . If the Google desktop plug in was active in Outlook, it would fail to open the attachment. Disabling the plug in resolved the issue as did updating Google Desktop to the the latest rev. See the following link for more details.
I hate Word. I really do. This should be much easier and better documented, so here it is.
- Open Office.
- Start a new document and save it as a template.
- Select Tools – Templates and Add-ins – Organizer
- Select the Autotext entry
- copy the autotext entries from the global template to your new template
- Do the same for the toolbars tab
- Close the Organizer
- Save the template and exit Word
- Copy the template to
C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates
- Rename the existing
to something else (
- Rename the new file to
- Bob’s your Uncle.